Who am I ?
Lee Hampton-Whitehead, Jack of all trades master of a good few !
What do I do ?
How do you describe the skills of BA Baracus (from the A-Team) or MacGyver when applied to IT?
That bizzare ability to work miracles with less than ZERO resource while surrounded by utter chaos.
Or even Michael Clayton from the film the same, Just a janitor that cleans up the mess of others !
But Seriously, Here goes :-
- A senior systems, networking and software consultant, with a background in digital electronics design.
- Significant experience in windows and linux platform development, networking and support.
- Experience of a number of commercial (IT and electronics) design and development projects, covering all aspects of the project and development lifecycles.
- Able to work unsupervised, using own initiative, to produce reliable and extensible solutions.
- A proven problem-solver, providing innovative solutions for network and system design, implementation and development.
- Eighteen years IT support experience from SME to multinational corporate and public sector environments.
- Web services IIS 4,5,6,7
Design and support of WEB platform handling 8,000,000 hits per day
- Advanced Knowledge of the inner working of IIS web servers, metabase etc.
- Over 4 years Experience with IIS automation, for creation of sites, and various IIS Objects, including FTP profiles and virtual folders.
- Configuration of Health monitor, to monitor and repair failing websites while logging all events for future analysis.
- Advanced application debugging using IIS-debug tools and logparser.
- Implementation of enterprise class web server platforms using software (NLB) and hardware (Cisco CSS/CSM) load-balancing solutions
- Advanced understanding of SMTP
LAMP Web services (apache 2, and MySQL)
- 3 years experience at LAMP admin and maintenance
Windows Operating system
- Excellent understanding of the windows operating systems 98, ME, WINNT, 2000 (desktop and server), server 2003, and XP as well as working with Vista and Longhorn server since beta 1
Linux operating systems
- Basic skills, use of ‘gcc’ and ‘g++’,
- Creation or user accounts.
- Installation of apache web server, webmin, MySql and dans guardian
- Excellent hands-on knowledge in AD design and implementation including the underlying DNS requirements
- Advanced knowledge of windows DHCP services and deployment in a large corporate environment
- Advance Knowledge of DNS infrastructure in corporate and Internet environments, implementation of FULL DNS System using windows,
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of routed TCP/IP networks, NAT, PAT.
Significant experience in programming in the following languages
- Windows Scripting host and Visual Basic including VB.NET
- C and C++ (currently up skilling to C# )
- Currently up skilling to Powershell
- Modula 2
- Excellent hands on knowledge of SQL server 2000/2005, design, optimisation, administration and operation.
- Appropriate use of indexes, triggers, stored procedures, SQL profiler.
- In-depth application analysis for performance tuning.
Cold Fusion and JRUN
- Excellent working knowledge of deployment and configuration of Cold Fusion MX
- Management and configuration of a Netapp Filer FAS270c, including scripted creation of volumes, shares, mount points and firmware upgrades
- Server virtualisation on VMware server and MS virtual server SP2 and SCVMM beta
- Installation and configuration of Empirix Onesight monitoring tools, for SLA, operational and capacity planning
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Health monitor tools,